Cork Craft & Design | Operations Manager Position Available
Cork Craft & Design (CCD), is a social enterprise and membership organisation, representing professional and semi-professional craft makers in Cork City & County. The organisation manages an exhibition space and craft shop at Unit 27a St. Patrick's Woollen Mills, Douglas, Co. Cork and also holds exhibitions and craft events in a number of other venues during Cork Craft Month which runs annually for the month of August.
This full-time permanent position is based in Douglas, Co. Cork. Reporting to: The Chair, Cork Art and Design Ltd t/a Cork Craft and Design (CCD).
Role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- The management of Cork Craft & Design's ongoing retail activities facilitating changeovers in the shops, display, restocking, marketing and merchandising.
- Managing retail sales and retail staff and dealing with customer service issues.
- The management of CCD shop rotas monthly and also dealing with invigilation rotas for additional events during annual Cork Craft Month events.
- To deliver the Cork Craft Month (CCM) programme, in conjunction with the Board of CCD Ltd.
- Pre-planning for event programme development: liaison with Cork County craftspeople to compile the full CCM programme, collate information and liaise with managers of local events to ensure information quality and reliability, PR support and central marketing support.
- Project management, planning and implementation of Cork Craft Month activities in multiple venues during August.
- The first point of contact for membership requests and enquiries; dealing with existing members requests, suggestions, complaints and issues.
- Managing online marketing, website and social media
- Bank lodgements at regular intervals.
- Preparing and distributing funding applications on behalf of the organisation.
- Working collaboratively with existing event partners to promote and manage the event; identify new partners and build relationships.
- Attending monthly board meetings and meeting with board members on an individual basis. Organising and coordination of AGM, board meetings etc.
- Commissioning and managing contracts with external contractors and service providers
- Liaising with all stakeholders as required, subject to agreement with the Board of CCD.
- Development and management of multiple Cork Craft & Design databases and spreadsheets including members & invitation lists.
- Managing and projecting event specific or general budgets and working within them.
- Investigating and progressing business development opportunities for the organisation.
- Representing Cork Craft & Design and engaging with potential funders and customers at stakeholder meetings and networking events.
- Providing written reports on progress, and a final assessment reports.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience working at a similar management level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent IT and social media skills.
- Problem resolution skills and ability to deal with the unexpected.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability and flexibility to work as job needs require.
- Experience of budget management and meeting income targets.
- Experience of meeting the requirements of funders.
- Hands-on team leadership skills with line management experience.
- Be highly motivated.
- Retail / sales experience
- Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required.
Salary: Up to €30,000 per annum / commensurate with experience
Please apply via email to email@example.com with a cover letter and C.V. before 4pm on Friday 26th January 2018.
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland (DCCoI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCoI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCoI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCoI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.