Call for Applications: Knitwear Designer
Our client is an expanding Irish business, established over 50 years and now employs nearly 500 people across manufacturing, retail and support functions. Their woollen range is a leading Irish brand.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing the Knitwear Designer will:
- Design knitwear ranges for the brand.
- To provide design support to new and existing knitwear products.
- To liaise and support Senior Management with the commercial Knitwear Design Strategy.
- To travel on behalf of the company to both domestic and international trade shows and exhibitions to research new samples, yarns, designs, suppliers, etc.
- To ensure a strong a commercial focus within the design process with a view to maximising sales and profitability opportunities.
- Plan, manage and actively participate in key calendar events, including photoshoots, story boards, brochures, show case.
- Conceptualise and develop seasonal trends within the department as well as research development and finishes, washes and fabrics.
- Work closely with the Stoll Programming Team with regard to technical design and samples.
- Work closely with the Production Team on relevant design or quality issues that impact production eg, fits/measurements/yarn/
- Work closely with the Sourced Product Team, ensuring a collaborative approach is considered and applied to decisions that impact the Business.
- Minimum 3 years' knitwear experience with fluent knowledge of illustrator and photoshop programs required.
- Role holder must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate comfortably, effectively and professionally at all levels in the business.
- Great attention to detail, strong planning and organisational skills and a focused approach required.
- Third level qualification in related discipline required.
- A strong understanding in emerging trends and genuine passion for the industry and product is a must.
- Role holder must be able to work as part of team and in a standalone capacity in a fast paced, busy environment.
Please forward your CV to:
Paddy Collins, Torc Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01 662 3020, 087 682 0457
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland (DCCoI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCoI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCoI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCoI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.