Irish Design Residency at the CCI Paris | Applications Open
Monday 02 December 2019
We are looking for ambitious creative enterprises that want to inject new ideas and approaches to product development into their practice. Boost your product into new markets through a series of design led workshops.
Over the course of seven months you will undertake:
1. Introduction to the BCDE programme, value of Market Research, principles of marketing for the creative sector, current Design and business trends: 23rd September. Topics covered include:
2. Product Development Part 1: 24th September
3. My Business Structure & Organization: 22nd October
10 steps to good business practice:
4. Website audit and Optimization: 23rd October
A critical analysis of your website and working on your optimization strategy.
Each business will have an additional mentoring session in this area.
5. Costing and Pricing my design and production: 6th February 2020
Research mission to London trade / collector show – collect and on the ground retail focus 25th to 28th February
Accompanied research trip to London and focused retail visits.
6. Product Development Part 2: 24th & 25th March 2020
The 1-2-1 clinics are a follow up from the product development part 1 segment of the programme and will assess inspiration form the London trip. The clinics are a focussed one-to-one session and include an audit and review of current product offerings and provide the opportunity to engage and discuss new and developing work. Thereby generating an individual action plan of key achievable tasks to be undertaken to improve the viability of product or R & D of alternative products
Each participant will have one mentoring session.
7. Channels to Market, PR & Branding: 22nd April 2020
8. Retail Relations & Export Potential: 23rd April 2020
9. One-to-one mentoring in business, sales, design: 25th & 26th May 2020
10. The value of Trade Fair for Design businesses. 27th May 2020
Followed by Certificate Presentation: 27th May 2020
The fee to participate is €150 and the programme is heavily subsidised.
Dates are subject to slight change and venues will be confirmed before the programme starts.
Introduction to Programme / Design trends/market research
|24 September||Product Development Part 1||All|
|22 October||Business Structure and Organisation||All|
Online presence - website audit
|6 February||Finance - Costing & Pricing||All|
|25 - 28 February||Collect London and research visit||Individual choice|
PR and Branding your product range
|23 April||Retail Relations and Exporting||All|
|25 + 26 May||
Business /sales /design
|1 session during one of the days|
International Trade Fair preparation and certificate presentation
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.