Call for Applications | Apprentice Goldsmith
Nigel O'Reilly Goldsmith is an independent goldsmithing & diamond setting studio based in Castlebar, Mayo, Ireland. We work for 11 UK & Irish jewellery houses alongside the development of our own bespoke collections & future exhibitions. As part of our studio expansion, we are currently seeking a full time apprentice goldsmith.
- Casting, cleanup, assembly & basic mounting work.
- Liaising with colleagues with making & design.
- Assisting with quality control of the finished products to ensure that the highest standards are maintained
- Actively contributing new ideas to the dynamic environment and working closely with 3 main staff members.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within a similar role in the goldsmithing trade, with further optical diamond setting training provided in studio over time.
- Excellent judgement and decision making abilities
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain precise standards and ensure the highest levels of quality at all time
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise tasks and be commercially aware
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact well with others. Sense of humour is a must!
Personality & Attributes
- Driven, motivated and enthusiastic
- Hands-on and adaptable
- High level of own initiative and commercial awareness
- Team player
- Flexible and forward thinking
Contact us to register your interest via the email below.
Visit our website below.
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland (DCCoI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCoI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCoI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCoI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.