External Exhibitions Fund 2020 | Call for Applications
**Application Deadline extended to 5th November**
The Design & Crafts Council of Ireland invite applications for the External Exhibitions Fund 2020 (EEF), which was established to assist DCCoI members in the development of high-quality, independent exhibitions as individuals, organisations or groups including DCCoI Guilds, Associations, Networks & Societies (GANS).
Organisers of exhibitions, featuring design and craft in Ireland or abroad, planned for 2020, are invited to submit for the EEF. Completed application forms, with supporting information and images, must be received on or before 18th October 2019.
The purpose of the fund is:
- To stimulate and reward the development of professional exhibition skills in makers and curators of craft and design.
- To develop exhibition opportunities for Irish makers.
- To facilitate relationships with international galleries and collectors.
- To increase awareness of Irish craft and design in Ireland and abroad.
- To enhance the reputation of Irish craft and design in Ireland and abroad.
What will be funded?
This annual fund will support a small number of professionally produced exhibitions featuring Irish craft and design in Ireland or abroad. This call will fund activities due to take place in 2020. The maximum that will be allocated to any individual proposal is €5,000. Projects must demonstrate match-funding. Exhibitions can be in recognised venues or one-off/ site-specific projects, organised by individuals, groups, partnerships or organisations.
In 2019 the fund is supporting:
- - Sara Flynn for a solo exhibition at Sokyo Gallery in Kyoto, Japan
- Steven O’Briain and Pierce Healy for their participation in a WCC Exhibition at Révélations, Paris
- Kevin Callaghan, for his collaboration with A2 Architects exhibited The European Culture Centre with Venice Design, during the Venice Biennale
- Helen McAlister & Selina Coyle, for (E)Quality exhibition with eight women makers
- Cathy Burke, Mike Byrne and Cecilia Moore for their three person exhibition at Valke Gallery in Ghent, Belgium
- Alison Lowery for her solo exhibition at National Musuem of Ireland, Dublin
- Elemental Fusion: with Vivienne Bogan, Kathryna Cuschieri, Nicola Henley and Jane Seymour at Glór in Ennis, Co Clare and touring
- Slip.Flux.Flock group exhibition with Kate O'Kelly, Cathy Burke, Jaki Coffey and Cecilia Moore at Oliver Cornet Gallery in Dublin
- Cork Craft & Design for their August Craft Showcase exhibition, in Fota House, Cork
Submit your completed application form, with supporting documents and images, on or before 5th November 2019.
Access the online form here: DCCoI External Exhibitions Fund Application Form